The general process of growing microgreens is fairly simple. The steps are as follows:
- Pre-soak seeds as specified on the packet
- Sprinkle seeds over a tray with a 1/2" to 1" layer of moist potting mix. Press into the soil to ensure good contact.
- Mist seeds with a spray bottle and cover to maintain moisture and block out light.
- Keep seeds covered for the blackout period. Setting the tray inside a cupboard works well. Check seeds during the blackout period and mist as needed to keep seeds moist.
- When the microgreens are a few inches tall or begin to live the cover, expose
them to light, allowing the seedlings to develop and grow.
- When microgreens look ready, harvest with a pair of scissors and enjoy!